Wednesday, September 6, 2023

A Delicious Wedding Weekend in California!

Hello, friends! 

This past weekend, I had the pleasure of attending my cousin Ying Ying's wedding in Southern California. Since school had just started for the kids, I went to this one solo, which was a totally different experience for me! 

One thing that would have been the same regardless, was that I ate A LOT. Here was the breakdown:

Friday afternoon: Fly out of Omaha with a stop in Denver where I grab a burger for dinner.
Friday evening: Arrive in Southern California and immediately eat a chili burger.

Saturday morning: Wake up and eat some of the White Castle my sister's family brought in from Phoenix while watching soccer.
Saturday afternoon: Party at my sister's house full of Indonesian food and my favorite beef noodle soup in the world.
Saturday evening: Pretty much as soon as we got back to my parent's place, it was time for a second party with some cousins who couldn't make the first party. The menu here was Peking duck, eggrolls, and other tasty bites.
Saturday night: Everyone at the party decides to walk to the Dairy Queen by my parents' place for dessert.

Sunday morning: Pick up one of my favorite donuts on my way to church
Sunday lunch: Another serving of beef noodle soup
Sunday afternoon: We got to the wedding at 3:30 for photos, followed by a cocktail hour and appetizers, all of which were great.
Sunday evening: Wedding banquet with salad, bread, fish, steak, and dim sum desserts
Sunday night: Grab some In-N-Out on the way home with my niece and nephew and brother-in-law

Monday morning: Fly out of Southern California with a stop in Chicago for lunch where I grab another burger.
Monday afternoon: Arrive back in Omaha, just in time for dinner. =0). 

Eating aside, it really was a great trip. It was great to see family as well as lots of aunties and uncles at church on Sunday morning. Everyone had a good time at the wedding and the drama was limited. I even had some really good conversations with some family members that I wouldn't have had if I hadn't been there.

Congrats to Ying Ying and Sam on their marriage! I pray that it'll be just as full of life and deliciousness as the wedding weekend itself was. 

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam















No comments:

Post a Comment