Wednesday, August 17, 2022

The most wonderful time of the year!

Hello, friends! 

You know what song I have had stuck in my head all day? This one (you're welcome...). =0). 

After a very long, and a very full summer, Omaha Public Schools started today. For Ezra, who's now a second grader, it's a chance to see old friends and get back to the thing he loves most in the world, playing soccer during recess. 

For Thaliea, it's a different story. She's in kindergarten this year, which means a new school and MUCH longer days. Thankfully, she has the same kindergarten teacher that Ezra has, so there's some familiarity there. Given that she can be a little nervous entering new places, we're hopeful that today will be a good day for her. 

Having 2 of the 3 kids in school all day is a new experience for us. I'm sure Jonah isn't going to mind having some alone time with Meg and me during the days he's not in daycare. For me, since Wednesdays are a work day anyway, things have felt mostly normal. Monday (our Sabbath), when it's just Jonah and me, may be when the newness of the situation hits me. For now, I'm just glad that the kids are in school and we haven't gotten any calls about needing to pick up anyone. 

Please be praying for us as we enter a new season of transition. Pray that the kids will enjoy their new classrooms and be leaders of kindness. Pray that Jonah won't get too lonely without his big sister around. 

Have an excellent day!

~Adam



No comments:

Post a Comment