Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Transition Interviews...

Hello, friends! 

Tomorrow, I'll be heading to Lincoln for the last time this semester. While ACF has already had it's last bible study, students are still in town for finals and such. I'll be grabbing lunch with our two graduating students, who will be heading to bigger and brighter things once they graduate. 

One of the things that we're trying to do a better job of in the Region is having transition interviews with students. This is sort of like an exit interview for InterVarsity. We want to hear about student's experiences, share ways that we've seen them grow, and invite them to continue to be part of the InterVarsity experience as alumni. 

Friends, it's been YEARS since I've done a transition interview. It wasn't something I was great at remembering to do when I was field staff but once I moved off being the primary staff for ACF at Mizzou, my opportunities to do transition interviews also went down. Since I've been in this job, I've barely had much student interaction at all, focusing instead on staff development. So, right after I finish writing this blog, I'll be watching some training videos to remind myself on how to talk to students. =0). 

Seriously though, I'm looking forward for the chance to talk with the ACF students one more time as students. They did such a great job of keeping the group going without any staff for a while, which is no easy feat. I'm excited to hear about how InterVarsity was hopefully a blessing on their college careers and I really want to make sure they have an opportunity to still be involved as alumni. 

All over the Region, we're having these conversations with students. As of today, we've done over 70 of these interviews, with another 80 or so to go. I've been hearing nothing but good stories from staff as they've connected with departing students. I'm hoping that my conversations are as life giving as theirs have been. 

If you have a moment, would you pray for our departing students? Pray for those who are still in finals and finishing up their college careers. Pray that God will be give them a peace that surpasses all understanding, regardless of whether or not they know what's next. Pray that they will continue to follow Jesus post-graduation and find good church communities regardless of where they land. Pray that our staff will be able to adequately express the love and support for these students. 

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment