Friday, May 22, 2020

Time to run!

Hello, friends! 

Last June, Megan and I, along with our Regional Leadership Team (RLT) participated in a Ministry Partnership Development (MPD) Sprint. The goal was simple: Spend the entire month focused on asking new partners to hop on board with the work that we're doing with InterVarstiy, through Giving, Advocating, Praying, and/or Serving. Our 9 person team made nearly 150 asks and brought on dozens of new partners. It was hard and it was scary at times, but it was good. 

This June, I'll be leading our entire 40 person Regional Staff Team in another MPD Sprint. our goal is somewhere around 700 asks, which is crazy but also pretty cool. 

Everything starts next Wednesday when I'll be leading our staff team in a virtual training. I'm not super excited about 8 hours a day on video calls but when there's a pandemic, you adjust. Some folk from InterVarsity's National Office will be heading up the training alongside me and I'm excited to see how things will go. 

Given the state of the world right now, I'm feeling a lot of things, but mainly, I'm excited. When teams in our National movement do these Sprints, it's always followed the same script: folk are worried that it will be too hard, folk work really hard, folk are glad they did it. I'm hoping that this Sprint is no different.

If you could be praying for us, it would be much appreciated. Pray for me as I lead the team. Pray for our staff team as they do risky things. Pray for our potential ministry, that they'll be open to meeting. Pray that God will move in a really powerful way. 

Have an excellent day!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment