Thursday, June 1, 2017

Onward to a Summer of MPD!

Hello, friends!

It's been a while since I've posted, mostly because I've been hanging out with my awesome new daughter. Here's a photo in case you wanted to see one (or even if you didn't... I can't help myself!)

Being a dad of two is great. The hardest part has been going back to work... which is where I was these past few days.

Y'all know me. You know that one of my favorite things to do in staff life is "Ministry Partnership Development" aka, fundraising. There's something beautiful to me about casting vision for people and giving them the opportunity to join in on the work that God is doing on college campuses. Over the years, I've developed myself into an MPD trainer of sorts and a few days ago I had the pleasure of leading our Regional Staff team (staff from Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri, and Kansas) in some training. It was hard being away from the family but thankfully Meg's parents are in town and it was a short training so I got to put Ezra to bed last night. =0).

Oftentimes, people like to ask me what work I do during the summer or if I get the "summers off." Any teacher will tell you that just because students aren't in session, that doesn't mean there isn't work to be done. There are preparations to be made, plans to be hatched, and MPD is a big part of the summer for most staff. This training was designed for us to come together as a Region and "jump start" our summer MPD. It was a joy to lead these co-laborers as we dreamed together, learned together, and worked together.

The InterVarsity fiscal year runs July 1 to June 30, meaning we are right in the thick of our final MPD push for the year. Our goal every year is to finish "in the black" meaning our donations match our expenses. I've been blessed to say that every year that I've been on staff, I've finished "in the black." This year it's looking like our entire Mid-MO team will be finishing "in the black" too. Praise Jesus!

Still, the finances aren't the only reason that I want everyone to give. It's about the partnership. It's about being a part of what God is doing on college campuses across the United States. It's about saying, "I believe in the work that's being done and I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is."

Friends, below are two links to giving. The first one is a link to Meg and my account. Any donations here will go towards making sure that students in Mid-Missouri have a chance to hear the Gospel. If you're someone who believes in that mission and wants to see it go, I'd ask you to prayerfully consider clicking that link and making a year end donation.

But, there's a second link. This is for folk who say, "you know what, the vision is fine, it's great, but I just want to help folk. You said you're good on cash this year so who can I help?" If that's you'd I would ask you to prayerfully consider giving to my brothers and sisters in the Nebraska Area. They have a goal of raising $50,000 this month. I believe that they can do it, and I'd to invite you to join me in making it happen.

Partner with Mid-MO

Partner with Nebraska

Have an excellent day!

No comments:

Post a Comment