Thursday, December 1, 2016

Hooray for the Lincoln Semester!

Hello, friends!

Yesterday I had my last Wednesday visit to Lincoln University for the semester. Finals start next week and I've been at this job long enough to know that during Finals season, no one really wants to see their friendly neighborhood campus minister.

In fact, even yesterday was a little bit of a bust. It wasn't the worst of days but the caf was pretty dead so I didn't have too many conversations. One of the women who is in my bible study is also in the band and this week they had a rule that band members couldn't talk in the caf or be seen around boys. So, we had to call an audible and go off campus for some ice cream. Add that to not hearing back from the woman in my other bible study and a potential faux pas in a conversation with a faculty member and it was a so-so day.

Still, it's been a really great semester for a number of reasons:

- New Life at Lincoln. I've already posted about the 2 conversions that happened at Lincoln this semester but I also found out that on Sunday, one of the guys in my bible study is going to be baptized! We've also had a ton of great conversations doing the proxe stations about faith and where people are in their spiritual journeys.

- Trust Built on Campus. I think just by virtue of being on campus for a longer period of time, I'm a bit more of a known commodity on campus than before. It's not uncommon for students to say hi to me when I'm on campus. I've had random people stop by and ask me questions and start a conversation about something. It's good to know that I've developed a reputation as someone who can be trusted.

- A Real Cell! One of my top goals at Lincoln has been to establish a small group, or cell, with missional students who would be ready to take risks and bring the Gospel on campus. Last semester there were some false starts with starting a cell but this semester, we actually got some regular student meetings! It's been really great to see students coming together in community and to be on mission.

- Good Weather. The biggest barrier we had last semester with doing the proxe outside and having to deal with the elements. There were gusts of wind and spotty rain storms that really made life kind of difficult. This semester, though, we really had no weather problems. Every day that we planned to proxe, it was sunny, not too hot, and with just enough of a breeze to make things pleasant. It was pretty great!

All said and done, it was a really great semester. I'm excited to see what God has for the Blue Tigers next semester.

Have an excellent day!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment