Thursday, December 8, 2016

A New Adventure Awaits!!!

Hello, friends!

So, some exciting news! Starting January 1, I will be assuming the role of Director of Asian American Ministries Pilot Projects for InterVarsity! I'm super excited about the role and wanted to let y'all know about what I'll be doing for the position.

Q: What is the Asian American Ministries Pilot Project?
A: The AAM Pilot Project is an initiative within AAM, where staff who are interested in seeing more Asian American students reached at a particular campus, whether it be a new chapter, a new small group, or what. Our focus will also be on evangelism so that new groups aren't just created but that we're seeing evangelistic fruit coming from those groups.

Q: That sounds cool. What will your role be?
A: As director of the Project, my role will have a few different facets. On the one hand, I'll be finding campus staff who want to see Asian American students reached on their campus and then pairing them with coaches. I'll also be developing the training and resources for the coaches and staff. On the other hand, I hope to be learning a lot from our National Evangelism Team on different things that folk around the country are trying in terms of Evangelism.

Q: Wow, that sounds like a lot of work. Does this mean you won't be doing your other stuff?
A: Well, yes and no. It's only a part-time position, so I'll still continue on as my role as Associate Area Director for Missouri and I'll still be working with Lincoln University and Mizzou Nurses Christian Fellowship. Those things don't change. However, there are a few of my current job responsibilities that I'll be letting go of so I don't end up sipping too much of that workahol.

Q: I guess that makes sense. How did you get this job, anyway?
A: Back in October, I wrote about going to Boston as a coach for a staff who was working with Asian American students. That was actually part of the Pilot Project. Last year I served as a coach. This year, I'll be coaching another campus while also taking on the role of director. The current director is leaving InterVarsity and asked me to fill the position.

So, that's one piece of big news that's happening in our world right now. Please pray for me as I begin preparations for the new role, especially as I take on new responsibilities and let go of old ones. It's going to be a new adventure and I'm looking forward to it.

Have an excellent day!

~Adam

1 comment:

  1. This sounds exciting, Adam. It's hard to imagine how you'll spend a typical day with all the different ways you'll be reaching out, but I am confident that you will do a great job. Your enthusiasm and your wonderful ability to work with people assure you of success in all you do. I'll be praying for you and looking forward to updates. God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete