Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Come and See!

Hello, friends!

We are just 48 hours away from Fall Conference 2016 (FC16)! After months of planning and preparing, it's finally here!

Fall Conference is one of those things that you can always count on every year. No matter if you're planting a new campus or staffing an established chapter, in Missouri, New Student Outreach (NSO) season "officially" ends with Fall Conference. It's our chance to gather students from all over the state to come, worship Jesus together, build friendships, and hopefully make significant decisions that will impact them for the rest of their year, or even their lives!

I've always had a special place in my heart for FC's. It was at FC07 that I had a "come to Jesus" moment and would say that I moved from being a believer to a follower of Jesus. FC09 was the catalyst for our very first ACF conversion. I've had the pleasure of directing the past 3 FC's and there's a chance I'll be directing my fourth one next year too. I've seen students receive significant healing, other students make decisions to follow Jesus, and other students still take steps to becoming missionaries on campus. It's a beautiful thing.

FC16's theme is "Come and See." As the directing team and I tried to figure out what we wanted our theme to be, we kept coming back to this idea of "Come and See." I was hesitant at first because I knew that we had done that theme for a Fall Conference before and I didn't want to be redundant. Then I looked back at my notes and saw that the FC where we had used that theme was FC09; none of the other staff on the FC16 directing team were even in college for FC09. I guess I'm just and old man. =0).

Friends, please be praying for us these next few days. We have a lot of moving pars and a lot of things that could definitely use your prayer.

- Registration: We still have 10 spots left and would love to get them filled!
- Travel: Please pray that students will arrive safely and not get lost on the way there or back
- Health: I've already had one migraine this morning and would rather not that anyone, staff or student, get sick
- Spirit: With these conferences, it's always so important that the Spirit move. Pray that we as staff will be ready to hear whatever God has for us and that students will have soft hearts to receive.

Have an excellent day!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment