Monday, November 26, 2012

Thankful...

Hello, friends! 

It has been a LONG time since I've posted, hasn't it?  Sorry about that.  I am still getting used to this whole marriage thing and the time to post isn't coming as easily as it once did. 

What probably won't make things better is the Thanksgiving post coming the week after the turkey has been carved, the football has been played, and the belts have been loosened.  But, hey, better late than never, right?  Here, in no particular order, are some of things things I am most thankful for this year. 

- New Life!  In 2012, I have had the pleasure of witnessing 6 students and 1 very good friend make decisions to follow Jesus.  Words cannot express the joy and gratitude in my heart when I think of these 7 new brothers and sisters.  What an awesome God we serve that He lets us participate in the good work that He is doing and that we get to walk alongside those who we love as they make steps toward Jesus. 

- New Work!  This year, I have helped younger staff start work on the campuses of Columbia College, Florissant Valley Community College, Maryville University.  On top of that, I was able to spend the first part of my year working with Black students at Mizzou.  I am so thankful that God has given me the opportunity and the ability to move His work to other parts of Missouri, beyond ACF.  It hasn't all been easy but it has been a lot of fun. 

- New Wife!  You knew this had to be coming, right?  I have posted about this before but it is still true.  I am the luckiest guy in the world.  I am married to a woman who is not only smart, a great cook, compassionate, hospitable, loving, and kind, but I also married a woman who gets along great with my family, is super sacrificial in how she loves me, and is also drop dead gorgeous.  =0).  If I'm not thanking God every day for her, then there must be something wrong with me.

Friends, I am also thankful for each of you.  The fact that you are reading this blog shows me that you care about me as well as the work that I am doing with InterVarsity.  Thank you for your love, for your support, and for your prayers.  I am honored and so thankful that I get to call you family, friends, and fellow co-laborers with Christ. 

Prayer points:
- These are the last few weeks of the semester.  Please pray for students as they prepare for finals and for some, the end of the college careers.  Pray for peace and that they will not succumb to stress. 
- Urbana is just a month away!  Please pray for the final preparations and that God will begin to work now in the hearts of those who are going to be attending. 
- December will be a crazy month for Meg and me.  We have staff meetings, Christmas in South Dakota, and Urbana all stacked up in December.  Please pray for journey's mercies as well as quality time together. 

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment