Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Wrapped!

Hello, friends! 

One of the most fun days of the year during the holiday season is Spotify Wrapped Day! This is the day when Spotify users all over the world find out just how much they've been listening to Spotify as well as their top artists and songs. It's a fun day for Spotify users, even if it doesn't really mean anything ultimately. 

The whole Omaha Leong family shares one Spotify account, which leads to some pretty interesting and hilarious results. A few of the highlights: 

- This year, I posted in the top .05% of all Kelly Clarkson listeners on Spotify, amassing nearly 2000 minutes of listening time. While this is quite an achievement in of itself, including over 2 extra hours of Kelly Clarkson listening compared to last year, I can't help but be a little disappointed. My goal was to reach the top .01% this year. To the roughly 10k people around the world who listened to more Kelly Clarkson than me, I salute you. 

- We really need to stop putting Ezra on DJ duty. Of our top 5 songs, 3 of them were worship songs (usually listened to by Megan while she's getting ready in the morning), Our top 2 songs were VERY much Ezra. That That by Psy (featuring Suga of BTS) and Stamp on the Ground by the Italo Brothers took our #2 and #1 spots this year. Ezra didn't even discover Stamp on the Ground until after we went to Cub Scout Camp in June and it still managed to reach #1 on our charts. When the boy locks onto a song, he REALLY locks onto a song... 

- We really slacked on our show tunes this year. Last year, songs from Hamilton, Wicked, and Encanto made our top list. This year, they were nowhere to be found. I think this probably goes along with Ezra dominating DJ duties. When we pick the songs as a family, we want something we can sing along to. When Ezra gets ahold of the playlist, it's all about dancing. 

Spotify's Wrapped only takes into account listening between January 1 and October 31 of any given year, meaning all my Kelly Clarkson Christmas music listening won't do me any good in terms of next year's rankings. That means I've got roughly 1 month to figure out how to get my listening up for next year. Increasing by 150 minutes still didn't get me into the top .01%, so there's still work to be done. I guess there's always next year's Wrapped!

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam 

No comments:

Post a Comment