Friday, February 11, 2022

Back With Students!

Hello, friends! 

One of the things that I love about my job as a Regional Coordinator is that I get to work directly with our entire staff team in the Region. These folk are a dedicated group of men and women who love Jesus and love the campus. One thing that I'd forgotten over the past few years is how great it is to be working directly with students. I was reminded of how much fun that part of the job is just these past 2 days. 

Last night I drove to Lincoln to hang out with the University of Nebraska's ACF group. Since their student leader graduated, they've been riding solo so I thought it'd be good for me to head out there a few times a month to build relationship and support them in any way I can. 

Friends, last night took me back to my first days on staff. I remember doing Bible studies in the kind of disgusting dorm rooms then eating wings and playing games afterwards. It was fun to see that my ability to connect with students hasn't completely left me, even if I am more than twice as old as some students. =0). I'm very much looking forward to getting back out there in a few weeks. 

Then today, I drove down to Bellvue University (just south of Omaha) to meet with a student who was interested in starting a Bible study with her basketball team. We got this contact because a few weeks back at our Regional Leadership Team meetings, one of our assignments was to do a prayer walk on a campus with no known campus ministry work. Half our team went to Bellvue. While we were prayer walking, Megan recognized someone who goes to our church. I'd forgotten that he was a coach at Bellvue. We spoke, then a few days later, he texted me and introduced me to the student who had been looking for an opportunity to start something new before she graduated. It was such a joy to hear her story and hear her passion for her friends knowing Jesus. It was invigorating! 

So, here we are. Apparently, I'm back in the student ministry game, at least a little. I won't be spending all my waking hours on campus like in the early days but I'm thankful for the opportunity to interact with students again. Here's hoping I can be a blessing to them. 

If you have the time, would your pray for Dan, Tiki, Louis, Blut, Figs, Jung, and Lexi? Pray that God will continue to show himself to them and that they will grow in their love for their friends and their campus. 

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment