Thursday, July 1, 2021

Happy New InterVarsity Year!

Hello, friends! 

It's July, which means it's the beginning of InterVarsity's new year! As amazing as it is to think about, this is the beginning of year FIFTEEN for me! I remember when I first started, I saw staff who had been on staff for 20 years and thought, "man, I wonder if I'll get there there." Now, I can actually see that milestone on the horizon! Who knows if I'll get there, but it's fun to at least see that it's within the realm of possibilities. 

This upcoming year promises to be a wild one. Last year was definitely a wild one with the pandemic, racial tensions being brought to the front of the country's consciousness, and the election season. While this year will have some of those same elements, it'll also be something a little bit closer to "normal."

Really, what I'm looking forward to the most this year is continuing the momentum from last year. In terms of my job, we got to see some really cool things happen in our Region in terms of moving towards a more fair, just, and equitable system for Ministry Partnership Development. Personally, I got more involved in church and started moving our congregation to think about race and justice differently. This year, I'm anticipating more pushback and challenges in both areas but also more opportunities for God to show his goodness. 

So, friends! Here's to another year with InterVarsity! May God bless you this (fiscal) year and continue to bless the students we serve. I'm praying that God will continue to work through me and in me as I spend another year serving college students. 

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment