Thursday, April 25, 2019

And now, a word from Megan!

Hello, friends!

I love being married. I also love working alongside Megan with InterVarsity. Our roles don't overlap a ton but it's such a joy knowing that when I talk about work, Megan knows exactly what I mean. Another benefit is that she can pick up the InterVarsity slack for me when I'm a little bit swamped... like today!

Friends, I was fighting a good case of writer's block yesterday. I didn't really have a good topic for a blog post but I knew I wanted to get one done. What do I find in my inbox? The following blog post from Megan. The LORD answers prayers! =0).

So, without further ado, a few words from my lovely wife.


As a part of my role as the regional international student ministry coordinator, I have the privilege of directing my favorite conference of the year, the International Getaway. The first International Getaway started in 2010 and only included St. Louis and Lawrence, Kansas schools. Since then we have expanded to include campuses from across Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, and one from Indiana. The Getaway is like a vacation away in the middle of Missouri after a full school year. In the mornings we have family group Bible studies where students can look deeper at who Jesus is and what it means to follow him. Then all afternoon we get to play outdoors doing a high ropes course, caving, boating, hiking, playing archery tag. In the evenings we have worship and a large group Bible study discussion that is lead by staff and student leaders. Following that are more fun activities like an International trivia night, cultural showcase, and campfire. Each year we see students lives change as they dig deep into what it means to follow God and build relationships with one another.

Preparing for the International Getaway has reminded me a lot of Mark 2: 1-12 when the friends bring the paralytic man to Jesus. They couldn't get through the crowd to go into to Jesus and because they believed that Jesus could heal their friend, they broke down the roof to get their friend in. Friends, staff and student leaders are much like those friends. They/we know that Jesus is the only one that can heal us and make us new so they are relentlessly inviting students to come to the International Getaway to meet Him. Would you pray for staff and myself as we enter the final weeks before the International Getaway? There are so many barriers that prevent students from coming - spiritual warfare, cost, time commitments, fear, and questions of the unknown. Please pray that these students say "yes" to come and have their lives transformed. We are praying for 60 students! 


Have an excellent day!

~Megan (and Adam)

No comments:

Post a Comment