Thursday, February 2, 2017

Corners Conference Recap!!!

Hello, friends!

I'm back from Kansas City, full of fatigue but also full of joy. Y'all the Corners Conference was AMAZING! Allow me to throw a few stats at you:

- Over 400 students attended the 4 conferences
- Of those 400+ students, 9 students made first time commitments to follow Jesus, 94 students recommitted their lives to Jesus, and 81 students committed to "starting something new" on their campuses
- Mid-MO brought 8 students to Imani (6 from Lincoln and 2 from Mizzou), 11 students to Ohana (all from Mizzou), and 2 to Being White (from Mizzou)

Of course, stats are great, but the personal stories are even better. Here are a few of my highlights:

- Seeing M, one of my Lincoln students, at the prospective staff dinner and talking to him about what it would mean to potentially take that route as a vocation.
- Sitting at dinner with R on Saturday night, and the first question she asks me being, "Can you guarantee that we'll be able to come here again next year?"
- At lunch on Sunday, as we were getting ready to head back home, hearing all the stories from the Lincoln students about their experiences and THEN hearing them tell their friends about the experiences with such excitement on Wednesday when I went to Lincoln.

My role actually was with Ohana, not Imani, so that was a little bit of a logistical thing, to try and check in as much as possible while still doing my job. A few Ohana highlights would be:

- Seeing Danny thrive in his role as Party Master while simultaneously taking care of the Mizzou students
- Having a really great conversation with one of the WashU students about school pride (#GoBears!)
- Having fun as an MC for the conference, much better than my first go around at the last Ohana (practice makes perfect, I guess)

Now, you may be thinking to yourself, "self, the words are great, but I want me some pictures!" Friends, I have you covered. =0).




Have an excellent day!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment