Tuesday, August 13, 2013

It begins again...

Hello, friends! 

I am happy to be writing to you not only form BEAUTIFUL Columbia, Missouri, but also form the Mizzou Student Center and using a University Computer, just like old times.  As I sit here and pretend to be a preductive member of society, I am surrounded by the sounds of freshmen buying books, the parents of freshmen freaking out about the cost of books, and upperclassmen laughing at the freshmen buying books.  =0).  It's good to be back. 

Things have already gotten off to a great start.  On Sunday, the Student Leaders helped with student move-in.  I'm not sure how many students they met, but when I saw them later that evening, they had a look of exhausted satisfaction.  Added to that, Meg has been helping at the International Student Orientation, making friends and making contacts.  Meg and I have also been working on planning our pre-Fall Leaders Retreat, hopefully setting the table for a great year to come. 

Amazingly, this will be year number 7 here at Mizzou ACF for me.  This will be my 7th year meeting freshmen, my 7th year following up with students I meet, my 7th year planning a kickoff event, and my 7th year praying that God will bring new students into our fold.  In some ways, it feels familiar.  I know the campus.  I know the schedule of the university.  I know roughly what to expect.  Yet, at the same time, things are completely different.  This year I have a wife.  We have a team of interns and volunteers.  We have multiple roles and multiple campuses, including Columbia College.  We have a leaders team that has never been bigger or more diverse.  It may be the same Mizzou but it is an entirely different scenario. 

One thing stays the same though.  Our mission, as it has been and as it always will be, is to be a community that share's Christ's love with the Asian and Asian Americans on campus.  We have a purpose.  We have a mission.  It's time to get things done. 

Friends, please be praying for us as the new year gets underway.  Pray particularly for Meg and me as we learn to Team Lead together and learn to lead students together.  Pray for our leaders as they take on more and more responsibility.  Pray for the campus, that God will come in full force this year. 

We have no idea what will happen this year.  It has the potential to be a huge year for ACF.  All by God's grace. 

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment