Monday, August 20, 2012

40 days...

Hello, friends! 

A guy once told me that the Hebrew term for "a long time," when translated, translates to the number 40 or something like that.  Thus, 40 days in the desert for Jesus (or 40 years for the Israelites), 40 days or rain for Noah, and things like that, all mean that whatever happened, it happened for a long time. 

Well, in 40 days, Meg and I will be married.  Yesterday we celebrated our 2 year anniversary, and in less than 6 weeks, we will be getting ready to spend the rest of our lives together.  Here's the thing: 40 days seems like a really LONG time.  =0). 

It's really simple.  I cannot wait to be married to Meg.  She is everything that I could possibly want in a wife (she loves Jesus, she's intelligent, fun in conversation, caring, hospitable, and a great listener, not to mention the fact that she is an incredible cook and is hands down the most beautiful woman in the world, to name a few things) and the 40 days seems like way to long to have to wait before we can be man and wife (or woman and husband). 

But, 40 days we wait, and in the mean time, there is still much to do.  Mizzou and Flo Valley classes both started today, meaning that my job of having multiple campuses has officially begun and we will see how well I do this commute thing.  We had our pre-Fall retreat for Mizzou this past weekend (more on that later), I met with one Flo Valley student to do a prayer walk this afternoon, I am meeting with 2 more staff who are going to be doing a bit at Flo Valley this afternoon, tabling starts for Mizzou tomorrow, and I have a meeting set up with my remaining BCM student tomorrow afternoon.  All this is added to the fact that there is still wedding planning to be done to go along with finishing up our pre-marital counseling.  Needless to say, these 40 days are going to be full. 

So, my friends, please pray for me, the ministry, and Meg as well.  Pray that these next 40 days will be full of fruit, on the personal level, definitely for the campus, and for our relationship.  It should be fun and I fully anticipate it flying by, just not quite fast enough. 

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment