Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Guess Who's Back!!!

Hello, friends! 

After 5 long years away in beautiful Columbia, MO, I have returned to my city, the wonderful Saint Louis, MO; 120 east but in many ways, worlds away.

For those who did not know, allow me to give an update.  Meg and I have been dating for a little over a year and a half (actually, 1 year, 9 months, 1 week, 3 days, and approximately 45 mintues).  At about the year mark, we knew that things were moving forward and that living 2 hours away from each other was not an ideal situation.  We committed to living in the same city for the 2012-2013 school year.  After much prayer and deliberation, we felt like God was calling us to Saint Louis in the short term, Columbia in the long term, and for both of us to stary at our respective campuses.  I know, those seem like conflicting ideas, but I promise that they aren't.  Allow me to break it down. 

1) Meg and I are getting married.  Pretty much, that is the greatest thing ever and I couldn't be happier.
2) We are going to be living in Saint Louis for the next 1-? years because we both believe that it will be an easier transition into life together in Saint Louis than in Columbia.
3) However, I am not quite done with Mizzou stuff, so I will be commuting to Columbia 2 to 2.5 days a week.
4) The rest of my time in Saint Louis will be scouting new campuses to hopefully plant new InterVarsity work as well as coaching an intern in Resource Network Development.
5) Meg will continue to do the wonderful work that she does at UMSL.
6) Eventually, when Meg and I both get the sense that her work at UMSL is done, we will move to Columbia and begin planting chapters in Mid-Missouri.

So, that's how it's going to roll.  Already the transition has been great in some aspects and more difficult in others.  It is great to be back in Saint Louis and being s close to Meg is so good for my soul.  At the same time, I do miss Columbia and I don't think that I was ready for how different things were going to be coming back to Saint Louis after 5 years.  It will take some time to get into a rhythm out here but I am looking forward to it. 

Prayer Points:
- Please pray for me as I transition to this new stage of life.  I am a creature of habit and of rhythm, so pray that I find that rhythm out here quickly. 
- Pray for the Mizzou student leaders.  They are already getting the ball rolling on planning for the new year with me in a limited capactiy, which is wonderful.  Pray that God will continue to build them up as a community and as leaders. 

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam

1 comment: